History of Nachusa Grasslands
Nachusa's Headquarters Barn
In 1999, our headquarters barn was restored from an 1868 timber framed barn that was moved to Nachusa from Ashton, Illinois. The barn has three levels – a seed processing and storage area, lunch/meeting room, office, loft, garage, and workshop. We have four permanent staff members, a hired summer crew, and a dedicated group of volunteers who use the barn facilities. Volunteer workdays gather here on Saturday mornings, and meals and special events take place year-round.