- The bison roam across 1,500 acres of rolling land in no particular pattern and at no predictable time and are often not visible from the Visitor Centers or roadsides.
- Bison can be viewed from outside the bison fenced units only.
- No hiking is permitted inside the fenced North or South Bison Units.
- When viewing the herd, visitors should pull off the road, turn on their hazard flashers, and park where they do not limit access to private driveways or Nachusa fence gates.
- Binoculars may be helpful.