Friends of Nachusa Grasslands Donor Confidentiality Policy
The Friends of Nachusa Grasslands (Friends) recognizes that the operation of the organization requires the maintenance and management of extensive donor and prospect records. Donor records often contain personal information that has been shared with or developed by Friends on a confidential basis. “Records” means all files, including electronic data, containing information on donors or prospective donors to Friends. The purpose of this policy is to state the position of Friends on donor confidentiality and donor anonymity.
- All information about Friends of Nachusa Grasslands donors and donations is handled with respect and confidentiality.
- We do not rent or sell our donor lists to third party organizations.
- The personal information donors provide when making a donation will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third parties.
- Friends Officers and Directors are not permitted to use donor information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for the benefit of Friends.
- At the discretion of the President, Officers and Directors may make all or part of any record available to authorized Friends volunteers to assist them in executing their specific responsibilities.
- All Officers, Directors, and authorized volunteers accessing donor records in the conduct of Friends business shall maintain the confidentiality of said records.
- If donors provide Friends their postal addresses or email addresses, they may receive periodic mailings about Nachusa Grasslands news and/or events sponsored by Friends or The Nature Conservancy. Anyone who prefers not to receive this information should let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 708.406.9894.
- Donors who have supplied their telephone numbers to Friends may receive telephone calls from us regarding their donations or any requests they have made.
- Unless otherwise stipulated, the names of donors will be printed in the Friends Annual Report.
- Other than listing donors in the three giving tiers established by the Board of Directors (Restoration Benefactors — $5,000 or more; Conservation Champions — $1,500 to $4,999; and Supporters — $1 to $1,499), Friends will not publish the amount of any donor's gift without the permission of the donor.
- For Memorial or Celebration Gifts, the names of donors may be released to the honoree, next of kin, or appropriate member of the immediate family, unless otherwise specified by the donor. Gift amounts will not to be disclosed without the express consent of the donor. Honoree designations not identified as anonymous will be published in the Friends Annual Report.
- Friends may accept anonymous gifts and will handle them appropriately. If so requested by the donor, the name of the donor and size of the gift may be withheld from the Board of Directors and other Officers at the President’s discretion. When made known to Directors and Officers, the anonymity of any such gift will be respected.